How to Qualify
A Free Assist Wireless Phone Could be Yours.
Low-income families and retired senior citizens may be eligible for an Assist Wireless cell phone with Lifeline supported services. If you are currently a recipient of any of these approved government assistance programs you could be qualified for a free cell phone and discounted monthly wireless service:
- Food Stamps
- Supplemental Social Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Housing Assistance Program (FPHA)
- Section 8 – Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- National School Lunch’s Free Lunch Program (NSL)
- Temporary-Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
Each state has different qualifying programs. Also, you are approved if your total house income is at or below 135% of the poverty guidelines set by your state and/or the federal government. Lifeline is managed by FFC’s Low Income Program of the Universal Service Fund. If you qualify based on participation in one of the public assistance programs listed above, you must provide a copy of documentation demonstrating your participation in the program.
If you qualify based on total household income, you must provide copies of one of the documents below:
- Prior year’s State, Federal or Tribal Tax Return
- Retirement/Pension Benefit Statements
- Social Security Benefits Statements
- Divorce Decree or Child Support Documents
- Veterans Administration Benefits Statements
- Unemployment/Workers Compensation Benefits Statements
- Current Income Statements from Employer or Paycheck Stubs
If you provide documentation that does not cover a full year (such as current paycheck stubs), you must submit three (3) consecutive months’ worth of the same type of document from the previous twelve months.
Go to usac.org to see which program works for you.
Apply now using our easy Online Enrollment.Applicants may also print and fill out one of the forms below then fax or email to Assist WIreless to find out if they are eligible for Lifeline supported cell service.
Arkansas residents: Application Form (PDF)
Maryland residents: Application Form (PDF)
Oklahoma residents: Application Form (PDF)
Fax to: 866-229-6433
orMail to: Assist Wireless, LLC 2402 Gravel Drive Fort Worth, Texas 76118